Saturday, June 14, 2008

Carrie & Jason - Charlotte Wedding

Today was Carrie and Jason's wedding day! As can only be done in the South, we were tipping the thermometer well over 80 by the time the 11am ceremony took place. The beautiful bankers got married uptown at St. Mary's Chapel. It is a tiny, rustic church that was ice cold inside (thankfully!) There wasn't much room to share, but that kept the event nice and intimate.

Carrie was a little nervous before the big moment, but I have to say both she and Jason did quite well. I've never seen a groom grin the way that one did when he first saw her. You could just see the love he has for her written all over his face as she came down the aisle. So sweet.

Everything went off without a hitch, and the party continued at the Morehead Inn shortly after. I've found that sometimes people don't know what to do at "daytime" weddings, but this crowd had no problem having a good ole' time all afternoon, Southern style. It was a really beautiful reception and the guests genuinely enjoyed themselves and relaxed a little bit, having a grand old time.
I hear the newlyweds are off to Cosmo's tonight to meet up with their friends before they jump on a plane to Mexico. Drink one for me guys, as I'm hitting the hay. Hasta Luego!

Carrie made her bridesmaids these comfy & cute flip flops for post-ceremony activities. They were ribbon wrapped with bows on top. Call this girl Martha Stewart!
First dance...
The bridesmaids are all so genuinely happy. I love the emotion in this image.
This might be the best "I caught the bouquet!" expression I've seen yet!






No comments: