Sunday, July 12, 2009

Drew & Matthew - Charlotte Babies

In the past week I had the fun opportunity of capturing two cute Ballantyne kiddos, both recently turning one year old. I'm so flattered that their parents chose me to photograph this awesome milestone. I've been capturing Baby Drew since he was just a week old, actually. I was thumbing through some of my older shots of him from last year which just reminded me how FAST these sweet babies grow up. Having two beautiful daughters of my own (ages 3 and 5 months), I've learned first hand how quickly they change from squirmy, wrinkled newborns into fat babies full of personality!

This was my first time shooting Matthew, and he made my job very easy. He's very relaxed and easy going, and doesn't move around too much. He's very easy to make laugh and enjoys simple things like bubbles and playing peek-a-boo with his Mama. Speaking of his Mama, he's her identical twin as a baby. It's almost scary how identical they look! I wish I had a picture of her as a newborn to show you. You'd die!

My advice to any new parents out there: have your baby photographed all year long (newborn, 3 mo, 6 mo, 12 mo.) You will never get this time back and they change so much... it's worth every penny. I don't care who you go to, just have it done! You won't regret it.


This is my favorite of Matthew
I just want to SQUEEZE those thighs!

So innocent and pure

When Matthew gets excited, he gets excited!

Drew's playful side coming out. He is a silly boy.

Look ma... no hands!

I wish I were this flexible.

Drew LOVES his wagon!

No comments: