Sunday, May 10, 2009

Portrait Bonanza

Well, I'm just falling behind here... life is just too busy! I thoroughly enjoyed my Mother's Day today though. In fact, the whole weekend's been great. In-laws are in town, the neighborhood pool opened, we finally found a kick ass double stroller we like... (once you young people have kids you'll understand.)

I have the best hubby. While I enjoy a few high end luxuries in my life, I'm a frugal person at heart. I get shoppers guilt very easily. He is the opposite. Jim never buys anything, but when he does, he's goes big. I can spend $100 on "nothing" at Target, but cannot bring myself to spend more than about $40 on a single item for myself. So what did I get for Mother's Day??? ...a nice big gift card to Coach! Gaffney, here I come! (see, I can't even shop at the SouthPark store, I must go to the outlet.)

Ok, so back to photography. A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to photograph Emily and Brian's engagement uptown. They are a fun, very laid-back couple who are getting married in May at the Whitewater Center (can't wait for that!) We had a good time and they were perfect at following my instruction of ignoring me unless told otherwise.

This past Friday I got to head over to one of my June bride's (Amanda's) house for her bridal portrait. Her house had amazingly huge windows that let in some great light which I quickly took advantage of before the sun set. We then took it outside for a few breezy shots. Her fiance Lyndon is just going to fall over next month when he sees her for the first time as "bride." What a beauty! I think she looks so grown up, but she just graduated college last week!

Last but not least, tomorrow night I'm heading up to Lake Norman. I have a couple who is not getting married in NC, but want engagement photos none the less. Their neighborhood is having a dock slip party tomorrow night, so we're going to head out on their boat. How fun! This will be a first for me, but I'm not scared... I can swim. and the cameras are insured :)







No comments: