Monday, April 26, 2010

Jessica & Philip - Charlotte Wedding Photography

Jessica and Philip were married during the "blizzard of 2010". This is also known as the 1/2 inch snow and ice storm that Charlotte experienced the weekend of January 29th. Now, while everyone else was cleaning out Harris Teeter of Diet Coke, bread, and DiGiorno pizzas (priorities, people) I was busy thinking "hmm, how will this wedding happen?"

Well, the answer to that was "without a hitch!" I live way down south and this wedding was way up north. Luckily, my husband believes in always owning at least one four-wheel-drive vehicle (we are midwesterners) so my travels were pretty easy. I left a little early, but ultimately made it there with only a few skids here and there :) The roads were empty, which was pretty cool. Even cooler, on the way home I got the chance to shoot the skyline in complete emptiness. The city was dead, and it couldn't have been more beautiful (see below.)

Here are some of my faves from Jessica and Philip's wedding. No dampered spirits here! They had a great time, redirected their mountain honeymoon to an uptown swanky hotel, and had a ball! Congrats to you both!

No comments: