Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nikki & Travis - Cornelius Wedding

So I woke up at 5am today for no reason. Well, not "no" reason. I love sleeping with the windows open this time of year, but by 4 or 5am my allergies are in full swing, so I wake up! What's a girl to do? I guess work... so I hopped on the computer and finished up Travis and Nicki's wedding AND Landon's two year old pics. I should wake up early more often!

Ok, so first are some of my favorite images from Nicky and Travis' wedding last month. They got married in Lake Norman then had their reception in the University area. You'll see an unusually strong resemblence of Nicky's Dad to President Bush. It's almost comical! Poor guy is probably stopped everyday and asked "Do you know who you look like?..." I personally wouldn't be too overly annoyed, as I'm part of the 30% of America that is still a W fan and refuses to drink the Kool-Aid :)

This is our beautiful bride getting ready. She was really calm.


These flower girls had a ball entertaining all the bridesmaids before the big show. They sang, they danced, they pretended to play the piano. Watch out Hollywood!


They're actually happy coming down the aisle! Most little girls get shy and then cry before they're 1/2 way down.


I like this one of Travis. He looks so serious.


Phew! Ceremony's over. The wedding party exited first then hid to give congratulations and hugs.


I'm really into the vintage postcard look right now. You'll see these effects in a lot of my finished images.


I really do hate posed photography, but fun shots like these I enjoy. Don't get me started on posed portraits inside a church... it's just not my thing!


I did this shot at a wedding in 2007, but twisted the finished look at little this time. I think it says so much. I love it!


The first dance. Giddy as can be!


Daddy's little girl.


"Y..... M-C-A!"


So now on to little Landon. He turned two this week and his parents wanted some images to capture the preciousness that is "two" (and trust me, it's precious; our Ava is almost 2 and 1/2 and every day I wish I could just freeze her in time right where she is!)
Anyway, Landon wasn't really in the mood to be photographed, but he was ready to explore all over his grandparents' backyard. We looked at statues, bugs, rocks, fish, bubbles, chairs, balls, bees, squirrels, and birds. I chased him around for an hour and still somehow managed to get some cute shots! Here are some of my faves.






No comments: